Web application for multiple shell protocol design
To use this tool, simply follow the steps:
- Select number of shells (click on the concentric circles).
- Choose number of points per shell (click on the desired point cloud), which varies as q0, q1 or q2 respectively. We assume q-norms are evenly distributed between qmin and qmax.
- Select total number of points (the vertical bar).
- Click the "Download!" button.
This is a tool to generate gradient tables for diffusion MRI acquisition. Use this gradient scheme freely for your simulations, or real acquisition on an MR scanner. Please kindly cite the following relevant article in your publications when you used the sampling schemes generated with this application.
Note that this application generates incremental acquisition schemes, which are designed to make sure an aborted scan would result in a reasonably uniform coverage of the sampling domain. A Python implementation for non-incremental schemes is available on Github. For any question regarding the application or the method, do not hesitate to contact Emmanuel Caruyer (Firstname.Lastname@irisa.fr).
- Emmanuel Caruyer, Christophe Lenglet, Guillermo Sapiro, Rachid Deriche. Design of multishell sampling schemes with uniform coverage in diffusion MRI. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Wiley, 2013, 69 (6), pp. 1534-1540. <http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mrm.24736>
For implementation of these sampling schemes, an open-source
was developed by Magí Andorrà Inglés. This allows conversion into a
THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SAMPLING SCHEMES, GENERATED BY THIS TOOL, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SAMPLING SCHEME “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY OF THE SAMPLING SCHEME IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SAMPLING SCHEME PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.